Sometimes all we need is a little encouragement and a sense of humor to tackle almost anything the day brings our way. There are those agonizing moments when we are all alone and don’t know who to ask about things pressing on our heart. The pressure can squeeze our temples giving us a headache! Often all we want to do is take a step in a different direction and start fresh. Life is a journey and we can lose our way. Just like those printed mazes in children’s activity books—we CAN start over. Take a minute and glance at some of these messages of hope that might help with those new steps, giving us a new outlook on life.
(While you may have heard similar statements before, I want to say these came from my heart and I've been in places in my life many, many times where I needed to start over and look at things from a new perspective. My honest recommendations have helped those I trained, coached and loved throughout my life and I hope they help you too.)
- Listen. There’s ancient wisdom in listening to nature. Listen to the breeze flow through the trees. Listen to the rain falling on the leaves. Listen and act or wait until your moment is perfect. You will know it in your heart. Listening is spectacularly underrated these days and extremely important. Whom did you listen to today? Did they say something important? Sometimes even a stranger can say something remarkable. Listen.
- There are billions of people in the world but only one is exactly like you. Your uniqueness is the art, the color, the shape and the sound of a puzzle and creation where you are an integral piece.
- Do something—anything— if you don’t do it, how will you know? Your clock ticks and tomorrow your clock will look the same, but it won’t be the same. Change what happens NOW!
- Perseverance is the best way to reach perfection. Practice, rehearse, audition, submit, interview, enter, sign-up and dare to do what you do best! Don’t be scared. Take baby steps. At least make an attempt. Try. Someday, you will reap the rewards of your efforts.
- Take a chance and you might catch a fish. Sit on the bank and pout and you will grow hungry. Active participation and a positive attitude cannot be texted on your Smartphone. Assist and get involved while learning or teaching others. Human contact and personal communication is better than the fastest internet connection or wireless phone.
- Why choose between stylish and smart? You can be both! Learning sets the foundation to a fashionable future!
- Everyone received a heart so that everyone can love.
- Erase the sad parts of your life story. Rewind, delete, delete, delete. Imagine a huge vat of Wite-out pouring over the past.
- Good ideas can launch more than a thousand ships. Perhaps you are like an undiscovered DaVinci or Steve Jobs with huge potential and a brilliant mind. Write down those plans and chart your course for success. The world is waiting for you!
- Even flowers will be embarrassed when they see your smile out-match their spectacular blooms. Yes, there are bad things going on in the world and bad things will continue to happen, but there is still nothing wrong with being happy. Who knows, your smile might make a difference in someone else's life. Spread a little sunshine and smile.
- Sure, bird song is lovely, but you can express so much more! Describe how you feel and tell those you love because they love the sound of your voice.
- If the conditions are right, you can do anything. Plan ahead and make sure the conditions are right. Act.
Thanks for stopping by The Desert Rocks!